The first step that you should take is to obtain the medical care you need and inform your employer of the injury. In some cases, most companies have a policy of a certain time period that you can claim your injury; sometimes the same day, depending on the situation and severity.

(Workers’ Compensation Division’s Approved List of Doctors (ADL).

The next step is to provide notice within 30 days of the incident along with a copy of a DWC-41 to be submitted to the division office.

However, hiring an experienced lawyer to help you through this process should always be considered.

Martin Walker PC is a Tyler-based law firm with significant trail expertise representing individuals in oilfield injuries, workers compensation, wrongful death and product liability. For more information visit: